Equipment: Reach Truck
Accrediting Body: ITSSAR
Level: Experienced - This course is designed for the Forklift truck Operator who has had extensive practical experience, (longer than 12 months), but has had no formal training and does not hold a licence.
Location: On Site
Course Duration: 2-3 Days
Ratio & Days: 3:1 (3 Days), 2:1 (2 Days), 1:1 (2 Days)
Schedule: Course Example
To find out more, Contact Us
- Theory Lesson including Forklift truck stability Safety Video
- Practical training
- Continue Practical Training Theory Test
- Practical Basic skills test
What does the course cover?
- Fork Lifts and the Law
- Operator’s Safety Code
- Basic & Advanced Steering, Stacking, De-stacking, Picking Up & Setting Down
- Theory Test
- Major Component Identification, Pre-use Inspection & Reporting
- Practical Skills Test
On completion of the training course the trainee will be able to:
- Name all main components of the forklift truck.
- Carry out a Pre-shift inspection check and understand the importance of such checks.
- Operate the forklift truck within the safety limits defined by the manufacturer.
- Stack and de-stack from various heights with various loads safely.
- Manoeuvre a laden forklift truck in a narrow confined area.